FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:27 am
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by doctor15
Thanks all! Sounds like I should stick with the 4P Chelsea. I may try out the Maxwell for a trip to see if its worth being a less desirable area.

Ya the moxy looked nice, except I read the desk is hanging on the wall. Doesn't sound ideal for getting some work done.
If you're willing to use the subway, there are lots of options. In general, all the affordable choices in Midtown are poor. But, I disagree about the comments about the location of the Maxwell. There are lots of places to eat and drink within a 10-15 minute walk. You just need to head over toward 2d and a lot of the cross streets. Additionally, if you're looking for a budget friendly property in Midtown, consider the Lexington. I don't like how they treat elites and the hotel is subpar among Autographs but probably comparable to the other places you are mentioning. It also sometimes has very low rates and is super convenient/