FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oceania Cruise Specialty Restaurants: What time do they open for dinner?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:40 am
Randyk47

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by david55
We have always been independent travelers. But as we age I am intrigued by the convenience of a cruise.

But I think you are right about perhaps not being a good match.

Besides eating early, we tend to be somewhat loners, I get sea sick, I like BIG hotel rooms that I can't afford, and we are usually in bed by 8, up at 5.
We’ve very much into cruising and have been for 25+ years now. That said we’re destination cruisers and rarely take cruises that take us back to ports/places we’ve been to before. I will say we have a tendency to stay up later on a cruise than at home but we’re on vacation so no need to get up at 5 AM like at home during the work week. Also the vibe on most cruise ships like shows, bands, and dancing really gets going after dinner so we’d miss out on a lot of things we enjoy about cruising if we went to bed even at our normal 10 PM bedtime. I may live in San Antonio now but I grew up in Tacoma and spent almost all my summers on Puget Sound so I don’t get seasick.