FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France flight cancellation
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2019, 3:12 am
Porcepic

Programs: FB Plat
Eventhough your priority at the moment should be to arrive at your destination safely and as soon as possible, note that if you paid for options that have been cancelled due to these changes, you may contact AF afterwards and they will reimburse you the cost of these options. I would also assume they might make a commercial gesture for your hotel night at EDI though not 100% sure, but it is worth mentioning in your mail to AF.

In the event you would miss your connection in PTY (I hope you will be fine as it has already been a tough journey for you!), you will be protected on the next available flights. AF will have a duty of care (meals + hotel if needed) and, if the delay that causes the misconnection is not due to an exceptional circumstance, you may be entitled to a compensation under the EU regulation. Please note though that it will not be the case if everything goes well, as AF website indicates your NCL-CDG flight has been cancelled due to weather during the outbound flight (exceptional circumstance) - as I see other flights seem to have landed at NCL last evening, I would still request some details/proofs from AF [EDIT : actually it seems like the problem was more focused in southern UK that led to capacity constraints in the air, OK].