FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: WN (2011-2019)
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:20 pm
Beachchaser

Originally Posted by HIFlya
Specifically in the scenario where you cancel a fully refundable ticket from WN and then cancel the ticket and get refunded the ticket cost back to your CC, I am not sure why Amex would feel the need to claw back. WN is the one refunding the cancelled ticket purchase back to you via Amex right? So Amex is getting their money back from WN so it isn't like Amex is out more than their usual airline credit?

I am definitely nervous about not being able to use this in the future. I am trying to figure out whether or not to just commit to making the transactions now, and thus reduce the window to use the airline credit in the future...or wait. I guess there is no reason why I can't always just take a weekend trip to a neighbor island at some point, so it is probably worth just doing it now.
because you are getting a credit for a refunded transaction amex presumably views this as gaming the system