FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Long for AA Flights to Post to AS?
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:04 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
WN spent 40 years and counting making money without any domestic partners. NK makes money without domestic partners. F9 makes money without domestic partners.

It's not easy to do it, and it won't work for everyone (there are customers you will leave by the side of the road), but it can be done.

both F9 and WN have hubs and focus cities scattered about the country. Thats the problem for AS right now is they dont. WIthout partners they will need a hub or large focus city east of the rockies to feed into smaller markets like WN and F9 are doing. I dont see any AS flights going to GRB any time soon like F9 has from DEN. Mayybe if AS had a base in say STL that would be viable with a Q400 or E175. Just a random example. Not saying it would be a viable route just a what if scenario. Im an investor in AS and I just speculate and see so much growth that can be had. We complained for the last 5 years about AS chipping off benefits but compared to UA AA and DL theyre still way superior especially when it comes to the lowly ranks of AS MVP vs AA gold or delta gold. etc. They also introduced the board room day passes now for Signature card members $25. Thats a great deal for me as someone who still flies a fair amount but not frequently enough to warrant a lounge membership any more.. 2 drinks or a drink and a soda and a snack plate in the main terminal would be $40

Last edited by ANC; Jul 25, 2019 at 2:23 pm