FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The QR STPC (stopover) policy?
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:54 am
tav1989

Programs: qr
Originally Posted by londonexpert

if you read what I said. Even if I take the later flight the connection is still 19 hours. Basically the destination is not a daily service
SO BA123 (lhr -doh) leaves around 19.30hrs. That gets you to DOH next day at around 05:00 hrs. your connection time is approx 19hrs ( we don't know destination or flight other than its once a day) so that makes your departure of that flight around midnight of that day.
If you were to take QR 6 or QR 10 early in the morning ( from LHR ) of the date you are departing on BA that would get you to DOH around 18:00 or 19:00 on the same day ready to meet your connection around midnight with approx 5- 6 hours connection time but below time span for STPC. its irrelevant about what flights you are booked on it is calculated as per schedual and non availability of seats does not change that fact either. So as others have said ( if I have followed your plans correctly) you will not be eligible based on those facts of the scheme. As others have helpfully said you can see if you can book a very good hotel as part of the transit for a very reasonable price. I have done this and its excellent and nice to have the break.