FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:10 am
AnttiV

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
After moving a bit norther from Bangkok I have preferred the location of the Marriotts at Phrom Phong and Thong Lo when staying in Bangkok but decided to stay here for the first time in a couple of years. The hard product and service is generally top noch even by Asian standards and I just love the pool area and the live jazz at the Living Room. Also the location could not be more convenient for moving around due to the proximity of both MRT and BTS.

I realise I must have been very unlucky but the last time I dined at the Orchid Cafe’s buffet I spotted cockroaches running around the food presentation and notified the staff who tried to chase them away without success. The insident was followed up by the F&B manager properly and besides lose of appetite no harm was done.

However this time I decided to order room service as I was too tired to go anywhere and had not eaten anything for about 30 hours. The mezze platter and the vege sandwhich were tasty but sadly I had to cancel everything the next day due to severe food poisoning, high fever and the rest. Once again the staff were nice enough to find me a thermometer and extra blanket to shiver under of which got me through the day but there were no apologies or compensation offered at any point even though I mentioned I got the food poisoning from the room service dinner and at checkout the clerk asked me if I was feeling better. As I was still feeling quite wobbly I had no interest in pushing the matter so I just let it go.

All in all, very nice hotel but for any further stays I’ll be dining elsewhere.

Last edited by AnttiV; Jul 25, 2019 at 6:27 am