FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR/LGW pilots (BALPA) industrial action 9 Sep, 10 Sep, and 27 Sep
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:37 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nalismom
For my clarification ...if BA and Unions reach some sort of agreement or are negotiating in good faith and strike action for August (both dates) is a non-issue.....does it follow that HAL would not strike?
The two strikes are completely unrelated, different companies, different pay and conditions, different recent history. My hunch is that the HAL strike won't happen, if there is another ballot in the offing. On the other hand Unite seems unable to positively recommend the new offer, they have taken some sort of vow of silence, which seems odd to me. The BA strike? Anyone's guess.

A lot depends on how critical it is for you to arrive in Athens on the day in question. If there is a cruise involved, for example, I can see some point in switching to AA. But otherwise BA would probably offer you the AA service for free if a strike was called on your travel day. Stressing the word probably, I don't actually know, but it's the sort of thing that has happened before.