FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long does it take to receive discount code?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:26 am
OliverB

Well I just had a really frustrating experience that resolved itself in the end... called in one last time this morning because I was feeling uneasy about not having any confirmation of the discount. I spoke with someone who was kind of salty and seemed to not believe my story about the discount code. She kept repeating that Alaska has no call centers in Portland, despite the fact that somebody I spoke with last night identified themselves as Mary in Portland- could've been a virtual call center? The customer service agent seemed to insinuate that I was lying and told me there were no recorded notes on file and that typically, this would have all been logged. She kept trying to get me to pay a $150 change fee on my original ticket which is stupid because it'd be cheaper to forfeit it and buy a brand new one and I got pretty upset because I could have booked the saver fare last night but I was waiting for this discount code and now the rep was saying I probably wouldn't be getting any. She tried to end the conversation multiple times but I persisted and eventually after 30 minutes of back-and-forth, she finally honored the offer and extended a new code, which she was able to relay over the phone. None of it was done very nicely though; not that I really care about anything other than the outcome of my ticket. Anyway, the reason for this post isn't to complain but to ask a follow up... I am supposed to have a balance of approx. $20 from the discount code after purchasing my new one-way ticket. Is there any way to use this or does the leftover balance from discount codes just end up getting forfeited? It's kind of lame that you can't apply them to seat upgrades or checked bags or anything other than the base fare. Anyhow, I'm just glad that I got my flight re-booked for the correct time and it only cost me $14 in taxes in the end. It would be pretty funny if the original discount code that was supposed to be issued last night still showed up in a couple of days.