FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is there really dinner on my flight?
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:19 am
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
This is what the website says. But I have an upcoming SAN-ATL redeye over 1,500 miles in F and it doesn't show anything besides snacks and drinks. Yet their marketing states "For flights over 1,500 miles, you’ll find a fresh, full meal service — featuring a variety of healthy and local options as part of your meal. You’ll have several meal selections to choose from."

This particular issue has been discussed a few times before. The west coast redeye flights don't get meals, but long flights that depart in the evening after 8 seem to get meals. The rule used to be, as Flyerco stated, that flights departing between 8 and 9 got a "snack" instead of a meal, which usually meant a hot sandwich, chips and a cookie. But more recently I believe that these meals are now a full dinner, though I'm not sure.

I've always though that the redeye flights should offer a light pre-arrival breakfast (something quick like yogurt and fruit).

Delta's domestic first class meal details on the website have been totally confusing for a long time, and regularly don't match what actually happens. I've even written them about this.

The good news, however, is that when a flight says it will have a meal on the booking page or in the reservation, this is almost always accurate.