FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice Requested - TD Aeroplan vs. CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite
Old Jul 24, 2019, 6:09 am
jc94

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
TD is offering a 25K bonus for new cards.
Also, I bank with TD i.e. the $120 fee is waived.
Last, I use the TD VISA lounge in Union Station. I get its a long way from Edmonton - but its convenient if you are visiting downtown Hogtown.
I know the OP doesn't seem to mind about this but note that 10k of this 25k bonus requires one to spend $2k in the first 90 days of opening (which, based on how long it takes to get the card is more like 75 days, my first statement cleared about two weeks after I applied, I'd only had the card a few days). The first 15k is on first payment. The old 30k offer only required half that spend.

In terms of general usage, the TD card is full of flaws, I had to goto a branch branch three times for my online application, the online system is terrible to setup (if not a TD account holder) and their "1.5 points for groceries" is flawed because it doesn't work at many stores, like Walmart for example. Again maybe not relevant for the OP and I don't know if the CIBC one is any better but I'm one of those people who uses a card for almost everything to get some sort of point of cashback incentive, because why not.

Now as to insurance, the TD card was slow but did eventually pay out for hotels due to a weather related delay on X tickets, at least for my friend.