FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2019]
Old Jul 24, 2019, 3:00 am
East_and_West

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Baggage questions

I am in New York on a business trip, and wifey followed along. We to took the chance to book independently a weekend hop to Chicago. On Friday we are flying LGA-ORD, returning on Monday to EWR, both on UA Economy (fare bucket shows as L). I would appreciate your feedback concerning some baggage questions.

1. When checking our baggage allowance on United’s website I get the following info:

What confuses me a bit is the part stating that “If your itinerary contains multiple travelers, the service charges may vary by traveler, depending on status or memberships”. Am I right to take this as that we are entitled to check-in for free just a single bag in total? Or am I missing something? I have *G, Mrs East *S.

2. On Monday we are flying to EWR and then after four hours taking the direct SK flight to home on J (booked under a separate PNR). Do you think that UA agents at ORD will agree to check in our bags all the way to ARN? If yes, I suppose that it's the UA Econ/L restrictions that apply rather than the more generous SK J ones, right? From your experience, would it be safe to do so, or is it likely that our bags will be left somewhere in EWR? I have done this with other airlines (SK,TK,A3) and it worked fine.