FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:29 am
cmglobal

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I've been a couple of times on business trips to the GH Hong Kong in the mid- to late 90's. It was truly my favorite hotel. Loved the lounge, which was simply outstanding. Atmosphere and quality, calm, classy, dignified.
I was there on a private trip around 2004.

I wanted to show my wife around Hong Kong and enjoy the GH with it's lounge. 15 years after my last stay, the club has been renovated. I honestly was a bit disappointed. Not because it has changed, but it somehow has lost the glamour. The staircase is different, it all seems a bit cluttered. Lounge was crowded upon our arrival. It was difficult to find a table. loud.

Offerings were still very good, both evenings and for breakfast. SInce we had booked a Suite, we were entitled to the breakfast buffet in the restaurant as well, which we tried out one morning, But returned to the lounge for the remaining 2 days, as the variety was sufficient for our needs.

Service in the lounge was still very good, and as others have noted as well, Scott is really fantastic. Had a discussion on the renovated lounge and he too found the "old" lounge to be classier.

Too bad for the lounge in my view, but overall the hotel is still great.
Couldn’t agree more regarding the lounge. I felt I was in the minority preferring the old lounge decor.