FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New JGC check-in at HND T1
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:15 pm
Unimatrix One

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by bakaneko85
Yeah, I was thinking of the ending of benefits like guaranteed award seat for diamonds by paying extra 2x miles, early booking periods etc. For me the new F lounge is not an improvement, feels a bit like cost cutting move to prevent excessive consumption. I do not like having to order a la carte 1 by 1, personally I prefer to have a little of each stuff. Seating feels a bit like shokudo/ eating halls rather than high end lounge too. But others may have different view, I guess..
It seems maybe JAL is changing its lounge style. I just used the new Sakura Lounge at Itami and didn't like it as much as the old one. It felt institutional, like a cafeteria, and seemed smaller and more crowded than the old lounge.

Ironically, one of the things I liked about JL vs NH was that JL's lounges always looked nicer, whereas NH's always felt more sterile, like a nice hospital waiting room (or, as someone else here put it, "A restroom that serves food"). But with the recent changes, maybe JL is going for the institutional look too.