FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroflot - missed connection on a through ticket, forced to pay re-booking fee
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:47 pm
miklcct

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by luitje
I read this as "avoid at all costs". I have an open jaw flight with them, but reading through some of the anecdotes of SU putting their customers through the hell, making them pay for issues in Aeroflot's hub, I am contemplating getting a refund and booking a longer flight with a carrier which is a tad more friendly to their customers.
Aeroflot via SVO is usually the most direct route and sometimes the only available carrier from Asia to most of the major destinations in Eastern Europe, like TLL, RIX, VNO or KGD, and it usually offer the cheapest prices with well-timed connection than all the other competitors giving the shortest total time, with better in-flight service than Finnair as well. Therefore it is always my first choice and last year I flew it enough to get SkyTeam elite on that.

Starting from 2018, I have done the following connections on Aeroflot:
CAN-SVO-HEL-SVO-HKG with 120 and 205 minutes
CAN-SVO-KGD // RIX - SVO - CAN with 130 and 250 minutes
HKG-SVO-PRG-SVO-HKG with 165 and 165 minutes
HKG-SVO-GVA with 75 minutes

In the most recent trip HKG-SVO-GVA the incoming flight was delayed by 25 minutes leaving only 50 minutes for the connection, I got on the flight by my luggage didn't.