FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2019]
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:27 pm
threeoh

Originally Posted by onthesam
They've sorta tried this with the Denver check-in area. It doesn't work well. When 1K members stand there and watch multiple GS members get to pass them in line, it leaves a bad taste. Conversely, GS members don't like waiting for 1K members to finish up if they're already with an agent. Probably best to keep the status-specific check-in areas separate.
I think the idea is move from 3 people checking in GS/1K/J to 2 people checking 1K/J and 1 person checking in GS (and taking people from the 1K line if GS line is empty).

I would not mind this arrangement if I was in the 1K line. Total throughput is the same and 1K line keeps moving regardless of GS line (i.e. a trickle of GS showing up can't occupy all of the agents and block the 1K line from moving), while at the same time getting GS through the line quicker, waiting for at maximum one 1K in process in front of them.

In fact I would probably prefer this to a dedicated GS agent (or a whole lobby of them) who won't process 1K even if no GS show up for an hour.