FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2019]
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:55 pm
greenpau

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Surf1

Totally agree! I told them there is no “new” resource needed. Of the 2-3 agents checking in the biz, 1Ks and our platinum friends, one can move under a GS banner so technically, there are still the same amount of people working there. And when no GS present, they can help others ... like at all the other airports. No need for a yellow scarf — computer works the same for any of them.

I see this as a UA trial balloon.
I have to say, I really don't understand the implementation logic here ... it is no different than the TSA agent alternating ID checking between the GS passenger line and the other GS passenger line. There is no need to change staffing at the International check in desks - just keep the GS chute and take anyone showing up there from the front of the line, as needed.

I wrote in last year after ZRH consolidated the separate lane into one single "GS/1K/Polaris" Lane ... it was overcrowded and took me 45 minutes to drop a bag. I wrote in my message a suggestion of an additional GS-specific chute at peak times, as all agents are contract and non-UA employees anyway, and they can take people from different lines. I received a response from the ZRH station manager herself, and the line reappeared following this exact protocol.