FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good Things Come in 3s - Emirates, Qatar, and Singapore First Class
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:37 pm
chongl

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Orientale specializes in Asian/Indian cuisine with a separate kitchen for each: Japanese, Chinese, and Indian. Since I live in the San Gabriel Valley, Chinese food was definitely not appealing to me as I could get much better at home. I was iffy on Japanese, so I instead opted for Indian.

Starting with a hand washing ritual

With the daylight fading, I snapped a picture of the Iridium Spa nearby

Chicken kebab, which unfortunately came under cooked with some pieces raw in the center. I sent it back and they were going to make another one, but once again my son was dead tired so we asked them to take it off the bill instead

Garlic naan and another chicken dish

Turn down service

The next morning, our son woke up hungry, so we ordered some pancakes...oops I meant pancake

I then took the chance to take a few more low light pictures before the sun came up

Once breakfast opened, it was more or less rinse and repeat for the next few days, with slight variations here and there. Being that it was early enough without the sun searing everything in sight, we again walked to the buffet

Crust and Craft, where the pizza and burgers are served

The Whale Bar in the morning

Dining outside with a nice breeze and changing up the a la carte options

We had booked the massage special, supposedly not on the menu and only for elite members for Sunday afternoon, with my wife and I taking turns. I was free to ride the bike over, but I ended up taking the long way since I followed the signs. Funny thing is, I told my wife to head in the correct direction but completely disregarded my own instruction

I had some ginger tea while taking in the views for a few minutes, and then I had a relaxing session for an hour before I head back to the villa to swap places with my wife. In the early evening, it was Crust time for an early dinner

Fried chicken burger

Bruschetta

And another pizza

Running into a ray as we head back towards our villa

Our butler came by with some sweets for international chocolate day, and then we hit the sack for the night

The next morning, trying new options as usual, starting with a hash brown

French toast

Our butler was able to arrange a complimentary session at Blue Hole, which uses heated seawater and water jets to help relax muscles and soothe the body. We ended up being the only ones there, so it was a private session

Before the jets are turned on. Depending on timing, a seaplane may or may not taxi right in front of the pool

To the sides are the treatment rooms where massages and other services are offered

Jets on (much more powerful than they look). One is meant for the neck and shoulders whereas the other is meant for the back

Dock/seaplane terminal flanking Iridium Spa

Quite a few fish on the way back to the villa

Per the usual, afternoon tea was brought by our butler

The wife got hungry, so I hopped on the bike to grab a pizza to bring back to our room. Same view, different angle from Crust

The boutique, which also has an observation platform at the top

Stairs outside Alba

Returning with our glorious pizza

Dinner reservations were at Alba, but first, we took in the scenery as the sun dipped below the horizon

Alba lit up at night

Amuse bouche

Bread with roasted garlic

Ribeye steak cooked medium rare

Lobster ravioli

The next morning, repeat the breakfast ritual

Followed by a complimentary photography session at 11:00AM. This is available to guests for 20 minutes...10 minutes for shooting and 10 minutes for picture selection. You are allowed to get 3 photos free of charge that are emailed directly to you. The location is set on the beach in front of Orientale

When we returned, our butler had set up a bubble bath and a small cake

Followed by yet another new flavor of afternoon tea

After which I decided to have a cigar that I brought with me on the outdoor deck

There was a manager's reception on Tuesday evening with invites going out to all Marriott Bonvoy members. It was held at the Crust/Craft beach area with wine, juices, and canapes served. Much of the St. Regis staff were present to engage members to gather feedback about the resort, how it compared to other places guests have been, and just casual conversation to get to know everyone as more than just a face.

No champagne sabering today

But I went to The Whale Bar anyway to grab a few pictures

Then we head back to our room and ordered room service

Maldivian lobster, butter chicken, and some chicken nuggets for the little one

Next up, last day in the Maldives and Qatar J flight to Doha