FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2019]
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:22 pm
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Surf1

Here is their official response:

The decision to close our GS check-in was not an easy one. We decided to allocate our resources to where we thought it would be most beneficial to our Global Services members. While I can certainly understand your frustration with this decision, we continue to offer our Global Services members a wide variety of benefits.

At this time we do not anticipate reinstating the international GS check-in....”

i am not sure where the “resources” have gone. No new Mercedes running around, GS lobby always well staffed, no sighting of any GS in the Polaris lounge. I want to say “here kitty, kitty” and see if anyone pops out.

I suggest emailing GS as perhaps more input could cause the 1 or 2 fools who decided to reinvent this process to be over ruled. I trust this could be the trend at airports elsewhere so slippery slope and all.
Have now become well aware of the fact of no GS check at international. Wife just left for ICN and was encourage to use the GS check at T3 by agents at the International counter during last international flights as was I. We have been now checking in at T3 (I think it is Door 3) at the GS lobby. It works and she prefers the Centurion Lounge to Polaris (hey what can I say) so she hits that lounge on her walk over the the International Gates. I guess it is what it is now.