FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2019]
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:54 pm
villox

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Surf1

Here is their official response:

The decision to close our GS check-in was not an easy one. We decided to allocate our resources to where we thought it would be most beneficial to our Global Services members. While I can certainly understand your frustration with this decision, we continue to offer our Global Services members a wide variety of benefits.

At this time we do not anticipate reinstating the international GS check-in....”

i am not sure where the “resources” have gone. No new Mercedes running around, GS lobby always well staffed, no sighting of any GS in the Polaris lounge. I want to say “here kitty, kitty” and see if anyone pops out.

I suggest emailing GS as perhaps more input could cause the 1 or 2 fools who decided to reinvent this process to be over ruled. I trust this could be the trend at airports elsewhere so slippery slope and all.
United seems to think they can only offer a GS checkin if they have the resources to have someone with a yellow scarf or tie operating it. I'd be happy to check-in at the counter with a regular agent - all that's necessary is a dedicated lane.