FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2019]
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:43 am
Surf1

More on downgrading SFO GS service

Originally Posted by PanAmWT
Not only the long walk from T3 to international, to use T3 we have to take the long route to domestic terminal that is behind the international terminal, maneuver through the cross-merging traffic of domestic arrival, then struggle over the slow and congested long line of cars passing T1 and then T2 before eventually merging back into the traffic to reach T3. Why UA wants international GS passengers to make this long detour and then walk back to international terminal, easily wasting 5-10 minutes? Why can't you let us check in at international GS as before while allowing 1K/polaris to move over whenever the counter is empty? It makes absolutely no sense.
Here is their official response:

The decision to close our GS check-in was not an easy one. We decided to allocate our resources to where we thought it would be most beneficial to our Global Services members. While I can certainly understand your frustration with this decision, we continue to offer our Global Services members a wide variety of benefits.

At this time we do not anticipate reinstating the international GS check-in....”

i am not sure where the “resources” have gone. No new Mercedes running around, GS lobby always well staffed, no sighting of any GS in the Polaris lounge. I want to say “here kitty, kitty” and see if anyone pops out.

I suggest emailing GS as perhaps more input could cause the 1 or 2 fools who decided to reinvent this process to be over ruled. I trust this could be the trend at airports elsewhere so slippery slope and all.