FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Faulty Club Word Seat and No Response to Complaint
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:52 am
golfmad
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by SekiM
I ended up spending the last hours of the flight in a horrendously uncomfortable half reclined position which left me with sever back pain today. This is not what I expected of BA club world service and I feel I has definitely not received the service and level of comfort that I bought.

I have lodged my complain online more than two weeks ago and no fhere has been no response. Any thoughts as to how I should take it forward please?
First of all, you should have received a response regardless of the outcome of your claim for compensation. I would suggest you chase that either online or by calling customer services. You should have a reference number from the online submission.

Having said that, I do agree with the other posters above. You were offered a working alternative and had the option to move your belongings so that you could have spent the remainder of the flight there. I'd be surprised if you are offered anything other than a gesture of goodwill by way of compensation. If you paid for seat selection for the original seat then it's not unreasonable to request a refund of that price.

Finally, I am surprised to hear that the seat position caused you severe back pain that has lasted for weeks. Are you prone to back problems? If so, all the more reason to have stayed in the working seat.