FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your M&M award booking experience
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:08 am
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
As for the itinerary above, I was unable to price it either with Singapore Airlines or Miles & More. It would require two separate tickets, which sort of makes sense. Amazing what we can achieve with award tickets! Singapore Airlines quoted me EUR3,971 on the phone for BKK-SIN-KIX in Business. Although I saw a figure of around 2,000 Euros on Expedia that could be misleading because Expedia often reprices at the last stage and that ticket might not contain any flexibility. But Miles & More tickets are flexible, despite the is a 50 Euro fee, and valid for a year so the higher figure is probably the right one. When I tried Erstattungsfähig Flüge on Expedia, SQ wouldn't price at all. We are talking only as far as KIX here.

As for the flight from Kobe to Sapporo, I worked out a value of EUR370 for a flexible ticket. It was a it difficult to tell on the ANA site, but none of the lower economy tickets seemed to come with any flexibility. Ignoring ANA SUPER VALUE, the figure for ANA VALUE was JPY36,470 (€303) and for ANA FLEX was JPY44,670 (€370). Whichever, these partner award ticket can sometimes represent amazing value, not that I would ever had paid the values demanded. So I suppose the value is variable, but it's still an amazing deal.