FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Denver International Airport [Master Thread]
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:00 am
arlflyer

Had great one-night stays here at the beginning and end of a recent trip. Modern, functional, clean rooms, nice gym and pool, and fantastic views in all directions (at least for someone like me who loves both mountains and airport operations equally ). On the latter stay was upgraded to a suite facing the mountains, which was extremely nice.

For a light sleeper like me, two major points: best automated blackout shades I've ever seen (in the suite), and soundproofing is amazing - was literally standing there with my ear to the window watching buses drive under my feet a couple floors below and couldn't hear a thing.

Breakfast is $25/pp in the restaurant downstairs, which was more than enough for substantial plates. And the wait staff knew how to treat the vouchers - explicitly stating "everything is included" and crossing out the tip line on the check, which is great compared to a lot of places that beg for tips on "free" breakfasts.

Obviously a lot of their business is package/negotiated rates; lots of flight crews of course and also seems to be a collecting point for folks coming in from Europe and crashing before starting their trips. They also seem to do a decent conference business - there was a big German pharma event going on during my second night. Makes enough sense I suppose - easy to get everyone in.

Rack rates were very high as others have noted, but very good use of points/certificates. I don't think that they're gouging/hosing people as some have posited; there are plenty of cheaper airport hotels a couple miles away and for someone who is using points, or for a business traveler with a reasonable rate cap (or company negotiated rates...) the utility of being right there, waking up, having a nice workout and breakfast and rolling onto an early AM flight can't really be disputed. No different than on-property hotels at ORD, DFW, PHL, etc.

Would happily stay again - got my trip off to a great start and finish.