FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Zero Hallburton (vs Rimowa)
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:47 pm
edison_watt

I understand.
My fault I wasn't a little clearer regarding my last post.
As mentioned in hornillas1 post previously, the luggage division of Zero Halliburton has been sold to Ace Co. Ltd (a Japanese company).
The retail outlet here in Malaysia that I visited to look at luggage was Ace Bags & Luggage Outlet...owned and operated by Ace Co. Ltd.
Perhaps there are other retail outlets operated by Ace Co. Ltd selling Zero Halliburton luggage that are more respectful of consumers.
My personal experience reflects only what happened to me.
With respect to the functionality of the piece I was forced to purchase...it doesn't meet a couple of my needs personally.
I drive motorcycles...and take my motor cycle helmet with me quite often.
The problem with the Zero Halliburton case I was looking at was that the interior convenience flaps do not disconnect like in the Rimowa luggage.
They are riveted in place and are designed not to be removed.
Therefore then, my helmet wouldn't fit in the suitcase because the flaps would not allow the case to be closed without denting the luggage from the inside.
The Rimowa luggage has removable convenience flaps and make very easy to put my helmet inside without denting from the inside.
I know a motorcycle helmet is designed to take significant impacts...but I'd prefer it protecting my head from things while I'm wearing it instead of luggage handlers while it's in my suitcase...so I wanted a suitcase that could take the abuse luggage has to endure without damaging my helmet. Which means the suitcase has to be strong enough to support 4 or 5-50lb (23g) suitcases piled on top of it in the bottom of a plane without crushing or collapsing. In that the Zero Halliburton case dented quite easily just by pressing my knee into it pretty much turned me away right away.
Hope this helps...and sorry if I seem a little weird and caustic towards Zero Halliburton (when actually it was the retail outlet that forced me to buy the suitcase)