FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Availability (2019 master thread)
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:48 pm
bpauker

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by BOSishome
Not sure why I'm surprised at this point but just want to vent/get it off my chest haha ...

I had a meeting until late Friday night in PDX so I took AA1986 PDX-DFW on Saturday A.M... I'm PLT, up around 7k rolling EQD at the moment... Hey, maybe I have a shot at an upgrade...

Nope, #7/8 on the list, with only the first clearing. My boss, who was also on the flight is a PltPro, and she was #2/8... She said she has about 13k rolling spend at the moment.

Absurd.
absurd is the following:

EXP with 32k rolling EQD. I have been able to use zero EVIPs this year and have been upgraded exactly twice all year, both times on the coveted SJC-LAX route. And I requalified in April through Jan 2021. To be fair, I did get one upgrade on DFW-SJC but had to decline since I was with a companion and only one seat was available (we were 1 and 2 on the list out of 20+ people). After I complete my next AA trip this week, I’ll direct my spend elsewhere for the rest of the year and get status elsewhere since the biggest perk of status has been inaccessible so far.