FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - which Hyatt in Tokyo?
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:46 pm
G-CIVC

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Currently having a hard time deciding where to stay for my last (4th) night in Tokyo:

Am booked at the PH for 3 nights, Governor, Governor and Park suite (Gov not available on 3rd). It is available on the 4th, but realistically, will they make me move twice?
All premium suites beyond governor are available on the entire duration of our stay, but if they were to move someone I figure it'd be the person staying on the single 3rd night instead of us? And of course I know i shouldn't be counting on this happening at all...

Alternatively standard/premium suites at the GH and Centric are available - figure that GH would be a good idea (actually the cheapest option as we won't have to pay for breakfast). I do have some appointments in the immediate Hills complex the 2nd last day. But next day departure to NRT would be quite problematic (my flight's at 5:15pm and the scheduled duration for the 2pm limousine bus is 2 hours? A bit uncomfortable as it leaves us too little time at NRT so we'll have to cab it to Shimbashi onwards to Skyliner or Shibuya/Tokyo for NEX...)

Never stayed at the GH before but my companion thinks the stock photos make their rooms look similar to HR. This must be wrong I assume?

For the same price of PH I could also get a view (standard) room at the Andaz, inclusive of perks thru Virtuoso etc...but it is just gonna be a 'room'

Except for the Andaz I'm looking to be using those 6000/9000 point upgrades for the above.

Or...or.....(off topic) the Aman is available for an extra $400 or so compared to the PH...worth a splurge?