FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:18 pm
mnbp

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by MsAssertive
Applied for first NEXUS renewal on May 14, received approval on July 17 with interview required. Scheduled an appointment online right away for September at YYZ but happened to be near YYZ on July 18 so I attempted a walk in interview in mid afternoon. I was told I would have to wait until all the people with appointments were interviewed but I was welcome to try. I only had to wait 40 minutes. They conducted my interview, got my picture and prints updated, and I was done. No iris scan needed.
Yes, you are not REQUIRED to get an iris scan to gain Nexus membership. However, in order to USE Nexus for expedited entry INTO Canada - by air - an iris scan must be on file with your Nexus membership. If your use of Nexus does not involve entering Canada by air, there is no need to get an iris scan as you'll never use it.

Since an iris does not change, you don't need to update an iris picture at renewal if an iris picture is already on file with your Nexus profile.

A Nexus member who wishes to add an iris scan to their Nexus profile can do so at any time without an appointment at any Nexus enrollment center that captures iris scans.

Here's a list of Nexus enrollment centers (click on both the Land and the Airport tabs):

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nex...ation-eng.html

As you'll see, all of the airport interview locations will take iris photographs, and a couple of the land locations will as well.