FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A modest proposal to improve the boarding situation
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:33 pm
Flight44

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
I think a big part is how well the FAs police overhead stowage. I always sit in the last row of First Class. On the flights where the FAs block people from using far forward bins so the people who are sitting near them have space, things generally flow smoothly.

In other cases I see people in the back of the plane if not using F bins using the first bins in Y, and then when those pax get there, there's no space and the FAs have to spend time trying to re-arrange things.

Maybe announcements in addition to only one bag in the overhead -- Please use a bin either at your row or slightly behind.
I agree. When FA do monitor use of the overhead and facilitate stowing bags, it goes very smoothly.

Similarly, I sit in first class for most flights and see people using those bins or the next bins available when they are seated far from them. However, if I happen to board behind someone not in first class and see that person stuff their sack in a bin over my seat, I’ll politely remind them it is not for their use. If they make a fuss, no problem, I set the bag in the aisle, place mine there, and take a seat. Happens about 2-3 times per year. Sorted.