FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Household Account BA American Airlines Strategy
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:52 am
schalliol

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Question Household Account BA American Airlines Strategy

My family of 5 and I are going to take a trip to South America where American Airlines flies, but only I fly routinely. I don't however want to waste those miles. I have both BA and AA accounts, with more miles on American since I'm based in the USA.

What I was thinking was creating British Airways accounts for everyone and building a British Airways household account. Then I thought I could book on AA.com and use my AA frequent flier number because I'm more likely to get premier there than on BA and using my family's BA numbers. I imagine I can do this, but I can't envision where to put the BA # in during the booking process on AA.com. The result hopefully would be that I'd build more AA miles while my family would build BA Avios as part of household account that I could book from for more family trips. If I'm not a BA premier at the time, I think I'll have to make sure to keep their miles alive before they expire.

Is this a sensible way to go that should work, and do you have different ideas? Thanks!