FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Much SOP is it at WN to Hold Flights for Connecting Pax and Bags? Varying SOCC
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:29 am
NoStressHere
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
If I read the original post correct, the biggest question was not just holding, but holding for bags.

I guess they know they are going to hold for passengers, and assume they have some bags coming over as well. It is close to impossible to guess EXACTLY how long before those bags get there, so they make a best guess. And, if it they think it will only be a few more minutes for all the bags, then why not wait? Not just because of delivery costs the next day, but also airport staff issues filling out claims. And somebody dealing with those bags back at the airport getting them onto flights in the morning, etc.

And of course, having a bunch of pissed off customers with VERY IMPORTANT items in those bags.

Makes sense to me to hold for them. Sadly, there must be times, even with out short connections that bags are stuck somewhere on a cart and not enough staff to find them and get them on the plane.