FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:38 am
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
21. (1988) You need to fly from Seattle to New York, but since your brother lives in Flushing Meadows, the best airport for you to fly into is New York’s La Guardia. Unfortunately there are no nonstops between Seattle and LGA. In fact, all of the airlines – with one exception – serve either JFK or EWR with either nonstop or direct flights. The one exception that serves LGA makes two stops enroute. Hmm… Well, if you take that flight at least you won’t be faced with any long layovers or potentially missed flights. Plus, the flight offers a couple of snacks enroute. Book it, Danno! Airline, stops and aircraft please!

Other than DL, the obvious airline running a 72S SEA-LGA with two stops including DFW is American, particularly since they had just stood up their Raleigh/Durham (RDU) hub around that time ... that said, though, I flew SEA-DFW on a United 727 in early 1988, and it's fairly easy to imagine that flight continuing to Chicago (ORD) and LGA ... I'll opt for AA

I agree - AA certainly makes sense here, BUT NO ! It was not AA. We're looking for another airline. Additionally, DFW was the second stop. Please guess again!

20. (1983) You need to fly from Baton Rouge, Louisiana up to Virginia next week. Since your appointment is out near Dulles, IAD will be your airport of choice. Surely this is gonna involve a connection somewhere along the way. What’s that old saying… “When I die and go to heaven, I’ll probably have to connect in Atlanta”. Dulles is hardly heavenly, but you look skyward and say a small prayer upon discovering that there’s a three stop direct flight that departs Baton Rouge every morning at 7:43am. Identify the airline, the three enroute stops and the aircraft type.

I'll suggest this was AA as well: a short backtrack to Dallas (DFW), thence up to Chicago (ORD) with an enroute visit to ... hmmmmmm, lots of possibilities here ... Tulsa (TUL)Nicely done, J ^ And another one bites the dust!!

American Airlines AA 522 Baton Rouge (BTR) 743a-853a B Dallas (DFW) 940a-1040a Tulsa (TUL) 1105a-1238p Chicago (ORD) 122p-412p L Washington (IAD) 727-100 Daily