FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your M&M award booking experience
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:14 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
One final observation is that, while searching a multitude of flights in and around Japan, you can spend miles on ANA tickets operated by at least half a dozen other airlines. As I remember, other airlines included ANA Wings and Starflyer, the others I can't quite remember just now. I presume these are wet leases or franchises, like in Europe, but they seem to fly more under their own colours and brands. There doesn't seem to be a Business class option within Japan, on M&M at any rate. By the way, what's Air Do like?
Technically I believe Air Do flights are ANA codeshares. There is no business class on Japanese domestic flights and whether revenue or award, domestic segments always book into Y when connecting to/from international business flights.

I have flown Air Do once or twice in the last few years. The main difference between Air Do and ANA is the former does not have any premium cabin and does not have free onboard wifi like most domestic ANA flights. They only serve tea, coffee and soft drinks in Y (and sell overpriced snacks) on Japanese domestic flights but I once had some clear onion soup on an Air Do flight made with Hokkaido onions. They have been known to serve potato soup as well (another specialty of Hokkaido).