FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice Requested - TD Aeroplan vs. CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite
Old Jul 22, 2019, 5:20 am
LearningToFly

I have both, I won’t renew CIBC though. Beginning of April I had to cancel a YUL-LHR flight for medical reasons. CIBC transferred the claim to Global Excel for analysis and settlement. It took 3 months and a half for them to analyse the claim. Meanwhile Globa Excel has been asking for the same documents twice, and kept asking for more and more “proofs”, just to finally deny the claim. The reason was that my ticket had been credited by Air Canada for a further flight, which was absolutely false. Where did they take that information, I’ve asked. I got a first answer: they had call AC, which was false. Then a second answer: because AC always gives credit for a cancelled flight (also false). Then a third answer: there was a code on my ticket meaning that my ticket was refundable (also false, the code sais NREF). Finally I have been reimbursed for the whole ticket. Never CIBC again. But I have to check if TD is also transferring it’s customers claims to Global Excel.