FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Zero Hallburton (vs Rimowa)
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:18 pm
edison_watt

Zero Halliburton (vs Rimowa)-Rimowa Wins the Day

Hi...
Rimowa is way better than Zero Halliburton hands down.
I own one of each...one by choice...one not by choice.
Yes...the aluminum lines of luggage are much more susceptible to scratches and dents...but Rimowa embraces it...Zero Halliburton doesn't.
When I visited a Rimowa store there was an poster of a Rimowa suitcase with lots of dents and scratches on it right in the main dispay case window before I entered the store.
In the Rimowa store...they allowed me to inspect and test a sample on display to see if the sample met my expectations (like trying to test the sample as to how dent resistant it was).
Ultimately I was convinced that the Rimowa more than met my expectations and purchased one just like the sample on display.
When I visited the Zero Halliburton store the experience was much different. In the Zero Halliburton store I was not allowed to test the sample on display...and further to this the sample was presented to me on a velvet folding stand by the salesperson who would not even let me touch it in any way. The salesperson's pitch during the presentation was that Zero Halliburton's line of aluminum suitcases are "bulletproof because they are made of thinker aluminum than Rimowa and are much more durable". I then asked if I could set it on the floor and stand on it to test it...the salesman said "no!". I then asked the salesman "how then can I test the suitcase to see if it matches his pitch that it's more durable than a Rimowa suitcase?" He was silent. So...thinking that this was a display sample for testing...and noting that there were no signs outside or inside the store that said "you break it-you pay for it" I gently pressed my knee into the side of the case while sitting upright on the floor on it's wheels. This resulted in a shallow dent. I'm sure you can guess what happened next...? The salesman and sales staff called the police and forced me to purchase the display sample.
I'm sure that somewhere...there is somebody who really likes Zero Halliburton aluminum products...they are attractive in an ugly way and satisfy the needs of some customers who like the conspicuousness of aluminum luggage
In my opinion...Rimowa just for consumer respect alone has won the day for me...and that they don't dent as easly as Zero Halliburton does.
Hope this helps