View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 19, 1:53 pm
Toshbaf

Programs: AS DL
10. (1987) You’ve got business in Dallas, Texas and because you successfully negotiated a multi-million dollar contract for the company last month, the boss has opted to reward you with – amongst other things – a First Class ticket from London to Dallas and back. The offer is somewhat bittersweet in that you’ve always wanted to fly in First Class aboard a 747 and since Braniff no longer operates its bright orange 747s on this route, you’re stuck with a DC-10 via the other airline(s) that fly LGW to DFW. Not so fast says the company travel agent. There is one airline that operates a single once weekly 747 between LGW and DFW. First Class is available. Book it, Danno! Identify the airline you’ll be flying, please.
Originally Posted by jlemon View Post
10. Wild guess time: Air New Zealand operating AKL-HNL-DFW-LGW with a B747-200.

This is an excellent answer. I agree! I think it is nearly correct. I do know for a fact that they did DFW-LGW for 2-3 years in the late 1980's.

Since the answer has not been announced, I propose a wrong answer and a corrected answer.

Wrong answer:
British Caledonian in conjunction with Sabena. That was an odd combination but they did it on another flight to the US.

Corrected answer:
I believe it was AKL-PPT-DFW-LGW, later changed to HNL instead of PPT but not in 1987.