FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Departure Gate Information For Next Flight Whilst In The Air. New Part Of Service?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:34 pm
Saltire74
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Departure Gate Information For Next Flight Whilst In The Air. New Part Of Service?

Evening all.

Just flown to LHR from GLA. During the flight, the Purser was doing a walk along, speaking to quite a few people. I thought it was maybe him speaking to the Goldies on board as there seemed to be an awful lot of people in the group 1 boarding lane. I was waiting to go to the toilet when I saw him start and he hadn’t made it halfway along when I came out to return to my seat at row 5.

The purser stopped me mid-stride and asked if I was the gentleman from 5D to which I replied in the affirmative. He then told me that he had some gate information for my onward flight (DME). He asked where I was going, I told him and he informed me that my next flight was due to board at A13 but to confirm when in the terminal.

I did think to myself that this was a welcome piece of information as it’s usually the high C gates I have to run over to but what was surprising about this little nugget of information is that my next flight was three hours later than when we were due to land. Have never had that before. Is this new?

S

Last edited by Saltire74; Jul 22, 2019 at 11:01 am Reason: Spelling corrections.