FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Sirenuse, Positano, Amalfi Coast, Italy
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:57 am
EuropeanPete

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Zephyrous
In terms of crowds however, the problem is that you are very accurately describing pretty much any major seaside and photogenic destination. From Santorini to Positano to Tulum (and with a myriad of places in between) tourist destinations that were already exceptionally busy with groups and tourists have now become even more so to the point that it detracts from the experience so much so that it defeats the purpose of going there
It’s worthwhile noting that you’ve identified three of the most “Insta-popular” tourist destinations in the entire world. You probably just missed out Bali.

I’ve always had great success in going to places which don’t fit my nationality/ age/ income level. Similarly, places which in-country tourists visit are often at least as pleasant as those on the international jet set list which nowadays can literally create a 5-10x markup on exactly the same views, experiences, food, etc. Your fellow tourists are also often a bit less annoying. The island of Ventotene for example, is stunning - no luxury hotels though, unfortunately.

Anyways, I fear we’re slightly drifting off topic. We have established that these hotels are not for everyone (including me).