FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:21 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
I ask this question in all seriousness: has anyone actually been successful in getting eclaimsline to pay a CSR Trip Cancellation claim? I have a simple claim; my wife had a knee injury requiring surgery, note from the doctor, screenshot of the terms of the cancelled flight (British Airways completely non refundable except for taxes), and they refuse to pay the claim without written documentation from BA saying no credits were provided by the ticket. BA of course will provide nothing in writing for any reason because their customer service is abysmal. This has gone on for months (going on month 4), and they make one excuse after another for not paying the claim. Has anyone run into this and been able to get them to pay? If so, how? I am thinking about small claims court as the next step...
yes, got a trip cancelation claim reimbursed within the last 6 weeks. It was just for hotel, since we were driving to the destination. Daughter (13 months old) got an ear infection and high fever night before we were supposed to leave. Since I suspected that was the case, made sure to have brought the doctors form to urgent care when we brought her in. First tried asking the hotel to waive the one-night penalty to see if that was easier. They wouldn’t, so I filed the claim. They also asked for proof I wasn’t receiving anything back from the hotel. So called and spoke to a manager who said they would send it by the next day. Didn’t have it 2 days later, so I spoke to a different manager who had it complete within an hour. Claim paid out ~ a week later.

I suspect soemone at BA can write that letter, just a matter of finding the right person.