FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR @ Thanksgiving which leg should I upgrade?
Old Aug 20, 2004, 9:29 pm
JumboJet

Originally Posted by tt7
If you're "flying to London for Thanksgiving Weekend", why are you flying over on a Tuesday and returning the following day (so you'll be home for Thanksgiving, let alone the weekend)? Am I missing something?.....
That is what I thought too. Thanksgiving weekend usually includes a Thursday around here . It is important if you are coming home on Sunday or Monday. Last year the Monday after thanksgiving was a madhouse LHR-JFK with the check in people asking if I wanted to switch to fly home the next day (she said Sunday had been worse). I think she said she needed 13 people from J and 23 from coach to volunteer to be bumped from our flight alone. Did you call AA and ask if the upgrades are available? You may not have your choice as the 25K waitlist for our return flight on that Monday was closed when I bought the tickets in early Sept. and there was never any space opened up. This year could be totally different though. You probably should try and make a decision soon. I think your normal 'which way would you prefer to upgrade rules' don't really apply because of the holiday weekend. I would probably upgrade the outbound and angle for an op-ug or bump on the way home. The trip is bearable in Row 31.