FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All Food and Electronics Larger than Cellphones out for Screening
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:58 am
petaluma1

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I don't know why but I have noticed that during the past 1 or 2 years, TSA agents are flagging trays if there are food items in bags which are not removed which would lead to an explosive check on the bag and probably a wait depending on the airport.

It doesn't make sense to me as this is only being done in the USA but nowhere else in the world. Is there a reason behind making people removing food or do they want the passengers to hassle more than usual so they could convince you to buy TSAPre?
1. TSA always has to find new threats, so recently it's become your food. Bad enough that one can't take >4 of cottage cheese, pudding, whatever, but now they think turkey sandwiches can explode; and

2. "they want the passengers to hassle more than usual so they could convince you to buy TSAPre" As you know, Pre as originally conceived has failed, so now TSA is trying to get passengers enrolled to meet their new goal of 13 million by the end of next year. They won't reach that goal either.