FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:10 am
A P Yu

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by BotB
Okay fair enough, I'll concede...
.does make me wonder how they familiarise enough crew to do 6 frames, 2 aircraft types (A350/777) and 4 routes (IIRC) with only Aug. timings (and a bit of use of the DXB route as well I guess)…

No familiarisation would be needed for the 777. Cabin crew would just be given a differences sheet, as they did for the 773 when that arrived and the 789.
Cabin crew familiarisation for the A350 only needs to be an aircraft visit. They will have done a differences course and will have done the door check on a cabin mock-up already. They can cycle 100s of cabin crew through their aircraft visit during a single day on the ground.

The cabin crew needing inflight familiarisation in the air will probably focus on the ambassadors who will still be tweaking the training documents and guidance documentation. Cabin Crew wont need to have done a Madrid to get rostered a long haul on this bad boy - although im sure those who have done a MAdrid will be grateful as they will have a head start on making the long haul product work.

I wish them all the best of luck