FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:58 pm
Travelomania

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by krypttohk
Had my GUC successfully clear on KLM well in advance, and was reticketed into KLM Z class. Successfully flew, but miles didn't post, and after requesting credit was given credit as if I had flown a KLM fare with 5% MQD/25% miles earning as opposed to the expected 40/200%. Is this happening to other people, too, or did I just get unlucky?
Yup ... it happened to me on one of my last flights AMS-CPT in May, while prior upgraded flights always posted as Z-class.
I did not want to make a fuss and alert anyone, because increased earning is not supposed to happen I guess.

My bad luck on that flight came in the form of a double GUC being applied for the same 2-leg-itinerary. I had to fight for weeks and even corporate denied over and over again to re-open the closed GUC.
Until I finally reached a knowledgeable and competent agent, willing to help me sort the mess out - it took some hours on the phone.
My persistence paid off and I had the last GUC re-opened - not in my account which showed the GUC as closed - but per email confirmation.
Hopefully it can be applied to an upcoming flight to SYD (waitlisted for now).