FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Hotel NYC Downtown - New York City [Master Thread]
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:04 pm
Tanic

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
I completed a three night stay at the AC New York Downtown Hotel. It is a very nice new property that is very clean throughout. The 30 story building has a small footprint so there are only a handful of rooms on each floor. Most rooms face south and one room faces west. About 30% of the building's rooms have canted windows that affords a view of the East River. The beds were quite comfortable and although the rooms were small, they were very functional and had a mini fridge. The shower has a ceiling mounted nozzle as well as a handheld.

Breakfast in the AC Kitchen restaurant was unacceptable. On our first day the restaurant buffet ran out of plates and utensils as well as running out of food. Only one server was replenishing the items and after fifteen minutes of standing at the buffet we left and went to an outside restaurant. Second day wasn't much better. The restaurant only had a small number of customers, and still couldn't manage to bring out any eggs. The breakfast bill for two was $50.00 + tax + tip. There was no restaurant manager, so I brought this to the FD attention and they comped the charge. Skipped breakfast on day three. I've stayed at other AC Hotels in the US with excellent restaurants, but this one had very basic difficulties.