FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:30 pm
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by george77300
5 minute turn and then 35 minute turn. Absolutely ZERO chance. 90 mins each minimum. They can't schedule that in 24 hours. In my opinion it's madness you think a A350 can turn around in that time. Even if they re timed to be even that would be two 20 minute turns at LHR. As I said, 0% chance.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Yup: Why would they?

What would be the point of doing something so high risk if they do not need to?
Okay fair enough, I'll concede...

I appreciate that they obviously need at least 45 minutes between flights to turn around or potentially an hour really, I just thought the timings are close enough and have enough contingency built in that they could leave earlier from DXB (nearly two hours turnaround there) and then burn more fuel to ensure they have the hour at LHR to turn around and fully utilise but appreciate that is a leap and obviously the stack delays or other points may scupper that easily although the timings are quite early in the morning so might have worked...

Ah, well, looks like it's only Aug. to go MAD then and Sept. it's DXB...does make me wonder how they familiarise enough crew to do 6 frames, 2 aircraft types (A350/777) and 4 routes (IIRC) with only Aug. timings (and a bit of use of the DXB route as well I guess)...

Never mind...I'll wait to see if more details arise but otherwise change the training schedule thread and calendars tonight...

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated! (if not enthusiastic about the news!)

Safe travels.