FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:18 pm
george77300

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BotB
Maybe I'm having a moment but why wouldn't it be enough time?

My logic is it could still do 107 (LHR MAD) on 2nd Sept. as follows: 1250-2305

Then return DXB to LHR (106) so returning on morning of 3rd Sept: 0130-0615

upon which time (after gate turnaround) to do the 456 to MAD: 0620-0940

And then come back to LHR for the turn around to do the DXB next run on 3rd Sept: 1055-1215

Obviously the timing is tight in the above tables (and dates show a week difference but that is just me being lazy in grabbing screenshots)...we also know that BA give themselves plenty of time in the above flight times to deal with delays so it could be feasible to do this rotation (although it is more trouble to do long haul, change to CE meals then change back to CW meals but maybe that is also good for familiarisation? and given lighter loads on MAD run they could utilise some extra galley space for the change overs?)

Appreciate that a poster has said it won't do the MAD run in Sept...but let's check what that is based on before we jump to conclusions? (I appreciate my thoughts above are tenuous and leave no play room but just want to check this before we assume too much...

Thoughts? (or point out my error in logic?
5 minute turn and then 35 minute turn. Absolutely ZERO chance. 90 mins each minimum. They can't schedule that in 24 hours. In my opinion it's madness you think a A350 can turn around in that time. Even if they re timed to be even that would be two 20 minute turns at LHR. As I said, 0% chance.