FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tipping at Concierge Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:20 am
JBord

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Three examples of where I've tipped in a lounge:

1. I don't eat meat with breakfast and the lounge has scrambled eggs mixed with meat. The staff offers to go to the restaurant and bring up a plate of meatless eggs.
2. I want something that the restaurant has but not the lounge, for example side of avocado, almond/soy milk, etc., and the staff goes to get it.
3. I want to work in the Lounge (possibly with colleagues) for several hours and staff brings water, coffee, etc.
Good examples, rather than tipping someone for just carrying out their job responsibilities.

Numbers 2 and 3 are things you would certainly have to pay for in most circumstances. A tip seems appropriate in those cases.
For number 1, I guess I'd just expect them to not mix the eggs and meat or at least offer 2 egg options in that case. I'm not sure I'd tip for an employee fixing a situation to be what I consider to be a reasonable expectation of the lounge. I could go either way on that one. Unless they wanted to pick through the eggs with a fork and remove all the meat instead .