FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR - TPA / Change of Connecting Flight - Long Layover
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:20 am
golfmad
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Inselhuepfer
Final update in this sad saga - I just re-booked myself onto the LGW - MCO direct service. The flight has window seats available and gets into MCO at 15.35. Hopefully with GE I won't be stuck in immigration hell. Never been to Orlando, never really wanted to go, but hey, it's all an experience and I'll be out of there next morning at the very latest. And at least I get my window seat!

Thank again for all the tips and opinions, as I said earlier, lots of food for thought. I hope AA sorts itself out, I have always had good experiences with them, to be honest (but to Pucci's point - I flew Alaska Air last year and agree, I thought they were very good!).
I hope you have a great trip and Crystal River is fantastic. Make sure to go Tubing if you can and don't worry about the alligators. You've picked a great time of year for your trip.

I can see I'm too late but I was going to put in a shout for TPA over MCO. If you're traveling to Crystal River and have checked bags you'll be getting out of the airport around 5pm and I suspect it will take you about 45 minutes longer to drive there from MCO than TPA at that time of day. It's a breeze heading north on the Veterans from TPA which is the main road up to Crystal River whereas from MCO you will have some traffic to navigate before getting out of Orlando. Having said that, it's all part of the experience

Last edited by golfmad; Jul 18, 2019 at 10:58 am