FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Million Miler Doesn’t Reward Long Term Loyalty... Learn From My Mistake
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:48 am
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by cova
A few more points:

1. The OP doesn't indicate how many of those 8MM were real BIS miles (not Elite bonus, CC spend, etc. This only changed to BIS maybe 5 years ago)
<snipped>
OP does indicate he has over 3MM BIS, which gives additional lifetime status on other carriers.
I got my 2MM for L PLAT largely on bonus miles, sometimes achieved at 4 times actual or minimum miles (Triple miles plus PLT/EXP bonus) at fares that sometimes (not too often) went below $100 for 10K miles, back at at time where the only time I had ever heard of lifetime status was on FT, because AA had not yet published. I will be at 3MM shortly, and do not now or ever expect anything beyond what AA has published. Lifetime status is great because it is useful if I want to use it, and if other airlines are going to be more useful, I will fly them, as I have even flown Allegiant Air because it had nonstops between PIE and PIA, and I lived in Clearwater and used it to visit family in the Peoria area. The cost was a lot less than connecting with AA or others, even with bag fees and preferred seating fees, and because I saved hours over connecting.