FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:37 pm
Toshbaf
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
13. (1982) Back in 1982, passengers desiring nonstop jet flights between Houston’s William P. Hobby Airport and San Antonio had a choice of three airlines. One of them was of course Southwest. Please identify the other two airlines and the aircraft type each operated on this route.

Already answered correctly: Ozark, McDonnell Douglas DC-9-30

New answer: Continental, McDonnell Douglas DC-9-10

Hobby Airport is not a large airport. I'll go to each airline ticket counter and ask if I have to!

Seriously, having been to almost 100 airports in the U.S. as a passenger, it's an experience that not everybody has. Since mind reading is not possible, someday, maybe I'll sketch the airport terminals from memory. I can still envision the terminal at Hobby even though most of it was demolished around 1998. The check in part of the terminal was not too deep but somewhat wide, interrupted by the entrance / doors. To the left was Southwest. To the right were several others. Thinking about it, let me imagine walking through the check in counters, asking "does your airline fly to San Antonio?"

Selected airports in the US that I haven't been to include AUS (Austin, TX), ICT (Wichita, KS), BDL (Hartford, CT), PVD (Providence, RI), JAX (Jacksonville, FL).